Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Podcasters

My wife wonders why I so rabidly follow and support various podcasters.

This is the reason why right here they are real people they treat me with respect and acknowledge my existence.

I'm a nobody. I'm a big guy with a loud voice that can occasionally make people laugh or look at something in a new light. There is no reason some of what I consider big name podcasters should pay me any mind. Yet without prompting several have followed me back on twitter and a couple even followed me before I had a chance to follow them on twitter. In my general bitching about the world and life in general there are several who respond to my tweets and posts that weren't even @replies to them. When I rant and rave and help spread the word for their endeavors they actually take the time to thank me.

Podcasters you get to see more than you do other forms of media. You listen to their flubs their highs their lows. You get to see them be people, and be icons. You get to peek behind the curtain and see that the wizard is just a guy having fun, and he doesn't try to stop you.

I want to send a heartfelt thank you for all the podcasters out there that I listen to. Heck even those of you I don't listen to yet but soon will, or should be listening to. I appreciate the hard work you put into your shows, I appreciate everything you do for us.

I'm calling out a few by name for going above and beyond the call of Awesomeness.
Mur Lafferty
Scott Sigler
P.G. Holy Field
J.C. Hutchins
Nathan Lowell
James Durham
Scott Roche
Chris Lester
J Daniel Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment