Sunday, August 9, 2009

Zombie Noir... and I Like it

FETIDUS or Foundation for the Ethical Treatment of the Innocently Damned, Undead and Supernatural
http://www.fetidus.org/

Mixing Genres is something I like to do in my head I just find some of the combinations funny as all hell - One I never really thought of was Noir Detective stories and Zombie stories. Never in a million years, then again I usually don't go too well for the Detective stories. However some do cross my path that I just can't say no to. Recently I was turned - no pun intended - to notice FETIDUS by James Durham. I discovered it because of a promo for their evil laugh contest back in June that was coupled with a promo for the story - I downloaded it thinking I'd get to it eventually. (My Ipod was maxed out and had to clear some space) Then after my Ipod was stolen and I had to get a newer shinier larger capacity one, I immediately put it on and started listening on my next commute - And now I'm hooked.
Durham does an excellent job with the show - Which he not only wrote the prose for but does the music as well.

There can be a fair amount of time between episode drops but for a full voice cast with original music score no budget, or help I think he does a good job of delivering content. Plus the man has a family which he needs to spend time with and support, so I truly think he's doing a hell of a job getting us content.

I do admit that I get a little grumpy when I'm waiting for content but it's because I can't wait. My wife has to hide Christmas presents at other people's homes so I don't sneak a look at them, but I fully understand and that just makes the next episode that much cooler.

You can find more of James Durham's creative endeavors here at his personal site
http://www.jamesdurham.com/

The production quality of the FETIDUS podcast is very good, great voices, great acting, awesome music, and just the right amount of suspense.

normally I shy away from detective stories, I never really got into them, but even without the supernatural elements I'd dig FETIDUS though I guess it wouldn't be quite the same it's good story telling a fun ride and an awesome listen.

This will seem harsh to anyone that doesn't already follow FETIDUS and James but he'll get it and undersdtand.

Fuck You Durham ;D

and thank you for giving us Fetidus.

No comments:

Post a Comment